NETGEAR ProSAFE GS748T Gigabit Smart Managed L3 Switch
By default, the switch IP address works as follows:
• If you cable the switch to a network with a DHCP server before you power on the switch, the DHCP server assigns an IP address to the switch when the switch is powered on.
• If you power on the switch when it is not connected to a network with a DHCP server, the switch uses its default IP address, which is 192.168.0.239. You can disable the DHCP mode in the switch and enter static IP address and subnet mask values for the switch as well as the address of the gateway device used by the switch.
To specify IP address settings for a switch using a Desktop GUI:
1. Connect your computer to the same network as the switch. You can use a WiFi or wired network connection, or connect directly to a switch that is off-network using an Ethernet cable.
2. Launch the ProSAFE Plus Utility using the desktop icon or tile. The Switch Selection page displays a list of Web Managed (Plus) switches that it discovers on the local network.
3. Select the switch. If you do not see the switch, click the REFRESH button.
4. Click the IP SETTING button.
5. In the DHCP Mode menu, select Disable. The IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Gateway Address fields are enabled.
6. Enter the IP address, subnet mask, and if available, the gateway address.
7. Enter the switch’s password in the Password field. The switch’s default password is password.
8. Click the APPLY button. Your settings are saved.
To upgrade the firmware:
1. Download the new firmware from the NETGEAR website. You can check for the latest firmware version for your switch by visiting downloadcenter.netgear.com
2. Connect your computer to the same network as the switch. You can use a WiFi or wired network connection, or connect directly to a switch that is off-network using an Ethernet cable.
3. Launch the ProSAFE Plus Utility using the desktop icon or tile. The Switch Selection page displays a list of Web Managed (Plus) switches that it discovers on the local network
4. Select the switch. If you do not see the switch, click the REFRESH button.
5. Click the APPLY button. You are asked to enter the password for the switch.
6. Enter the switch’s password in the password field. The switch’s default password is password. The Switch Status page displays.
7. If the firmware release notice specifies that you must reconfigure the switch, save the switch
8. Select System > Maintenance > Firmware Upgrade. The Firmware Upgrade page displays.
9. Click the BROWSE button and locate and select the firmware file.
10. Click the APPLY button.
Gigabit Ethernet, 48 ports, L2+ managed
rack-mountable – 1U
48 Ports 10/100/1000 + 2 x Gigabit SFP + 2 x combo Gigabit SFP
Bandwidth : 100 Gbps
ACL entries : 100
Static routes : 32
Layer 2 multicast groups : 512
MAC Address Table Size: 16K entries
Jumbo Frame Support: 9KB
Routing Protocol: Static IP routing
Remote Management Protocol:
SNMP 1, SNMP 2, RMON 1, RMON 2, RMON 3, RMON 9, SNMP 3, HTTP
Authentication Method: RADIUS, TACACS+
Features: Flow control, full duplex capability, auto-sensing per device, VLAN support, IGMP snooping, Syslog support, DoS attack prevention, port mirroring, Weighted Round Robin (WRR) queuing, store and forward, Broadcast Storm Control, IPv6 support, Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED), Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) support, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) support, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) support, DHCP snooping, Access Control List (ACL) support, Quality of Service (QoS), RADIUS support, MLD snooping, Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI), LACP support, LLDP support, Energy Efficient Ethernet, Strict Priority Queuing (SPQ), 2MB packet buffer, VoIP support, DiffServ Code Point (DSCP) support
Dimensions & Weight:
Width 17.3 in
Depth 10.1 in
Height 1.7 in
Weight 7.6 lbs
Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
Max Operating Temperature: 122 °F
Humidity Range Operating: 0 – 90% (non-condensing)
Min Storage Temperature: -4 °F
Max Storage Temperature: 158 °F
Humidity Range Storage: 0 – 95% (non-condensing)